Tuesday, November 11, 2008

On October 15th, my third book with the UI Press was released - "Harker's One-room Schoolhouses: Visions of an Iowa Icon" - and is now available through bookstores, Amazon and other internet sources. It is printed on beautiful paper in full tone black and white that match the master images perfectly.

I am very proud of this, my third book with the UI Press.

Iowa Public Television received a copy of the book two weeks ago and contacted me to ask me to do an on-camera interview for an hour long documentary they are doing on Iowa's One-room schools. We met in Winterset, Iowa last Friday to shoot the interview inside the "Tusha School", a museum quality one-room school located on the grounds of the Madison County History Museum.

It was a perfect setting! We spent two hours setting up equipment and about an hour of actual shooting. Along with the interview, there will be scenes of me with my 4x5 wood field camera (the one in my portrait on my home page) showing how I set it up for my photography.

The documentary will air in March 2009 during IPTV's Spring fund drive - it will be shown twice in a forty minute edited version and then the full one hour version will air a week after the fund drive is over. This program should be excellent and if you want to get a beter impression of who I am, I hope you can tune in.

I can't wait to see it myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Designed by Medrounds - Copyright © 2005 All Rights Reserved Michael Harker - Contact Me