Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Last night I met with Duane Wood, Principal, Publisher of WDG Communications, Inc. in Cedar Rapids to discuss the possibility of working with him on some of my book projects. Of particular interest was getting my documentary on Iowa's County Courthouses published.

The University of Iowa Press and I had signed a contract five years ago to do the Courthouse and One-room School projects simultaneously, but once I had completed the work, Holly Carver, Executive Director, refused to honor the contract and publish the work. I broke the contract with her and have been trying to find a new publisher all over the United States and Europe.

Now it seems I may have a publisher to take on the project - and right in my own backyard!

Duane and his talented staff will be reviewing the images and investigating all the budgetary considersations that go into publishing a book and have promised to work with me in trying to make it happen. WDG Communications normally does the design work for books for colleges and universities nation-wide and brokers the publishing.

In my case, however, they may decide to move to a different plateau. I believe it is the success of the books that the UI Press did publish from my Iowa Barns and One-room Schools that will be the deciding factor to the marketability of the Courthouse documentary.

Stay tuned and I will inform you of any developements.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Designed by Medrounds - Copyright © 2005 All Rights Reserved Michael Harker - Contact Me