Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Recently I have been submitting photographs and articles to over a dozen photography and special interest magazines world wide. So far I have been treated courteously and have contracted with some of them to publish my submission.

One magazine in particular, OUR IOWA, has unfortunately been rude to me. I was trying to offer a series of images from my barn documentary and was told that they work closely with the Iowa Barn Foundation on this type of architecture. I am not affiliated with that organization, which uses sub par, ameteur photography on their website and in their own quarterly magazine.

OUR IOWA is suppossed to be about Iowa by Iowans; I guess I don't qualify, even though I have lived in Iowa since 1985, and I guess my photography and my reputation doesn't meet with their editorial views.

If you have thought about buying their magazine, you might want to consider how I have been treated before sending them a subscription fee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Designed by Medrounds - Copyright © 2005 All Rights Reserved Michael Harker - Contact Me