Tuesday, April 07, 2009

While people like Patrick Killelea think it is okay for them to raid other websites to steal images for their right-wing fanantacism, without recognizing intellectual property rights and federal copyright law, other people show both courtesy and respect for photographers.

I'm talking about individuals like John Scanlan from Verve Gallery in Santa Fe, who complimented me for the quality of my submission images to the gallery and, though he couldn't offer me represntation of that specific portfolio, has invited me to submit more images.

Or people like Mark, editor of "Film and Foto Magazine" in Barcelona, Spain, who has commissioned me to do a cover story portfolio assignment for his magazine in October, based on his review of my website and by the content of my e-mails to him alone.

I am going after the thieves who think they can steal my images; specifically Mr. Killelea.

I am going to continue to grant publication rights to honorable gentlemen and women who understand the hard work I do to make my images and develop my reputation.

I am willing to give people permission to use my images on their blogs, providing they contact me, politely ask permission and give me a photo credit below the image.

And I am always ethical in the way I use the power of photography - I do not exploit anyone in doing my work, I do not steal other people's images, and I always encourage people to take up the good work of photography for themselves. And if they ask for my advice on technical issues, I am always willing to help out.

The world can be a better place - my goal as a photographer is to do just that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Designed by Medrounds - Copyright © 2005 All Rights Reserved Michael Harker - Contact Me